YOUR DESIRE FOR DESIGN IS A MUST!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our busy design studio in Old Portsmouth. You’ll work closely with the entire team on real client briefs to deliver a wide variety of work for clients in many different sectors.
The ideal person
Working as a Junior Graphic Designer you will need to be motivated, keen to learn and have a real desire to develop your skills. You’ll have a passion for creativity in both digital and print media.
Why are we hiring?
Our team have a great deal of in house design expertise and knowledge that we are keen to share with a budding designer to develop and enhance their career prospects. So, this role is offered through the Government’s Kickstart Scheme which facilitates valuable work experience by offering six-month jobs for young people aged 16 to 24 years old who are currently claiming Universal Credit.*
– Design and produce print collateral in InDesign
– Create artwork for use on social media
– Work as part of the team to deliver items to agreed timescales
– Remaining up to date with design best practice and industry trends
– Be involved in studio brainstorming sessions
– Create visual elements such as logos
– Incorporate client changes into final designs
– Review designs for errors before printing or publishing
– Proven experience in InDesign
– A graphic design portfolio
– A keen eye for detail
– Excellent communication skills
– Ability to meet deadlines
– Working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
– Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism
– Experienced in working on Apple Macs
– A strong desire to learn
The role is 25 hours per week and is initially for a period of 6 months, however this could be extended to permanent, for the right person.
* Further details about The Kickstart Scheme can be found here. If you are not currently receiving Universal Credit or you are receiving it and have questions relating to whether you could work for us and continue to receive it, please mention this in your application – we’ll do our best to help.
How to apply
If you think you are the right person for this role, we would be very keen to hear from you. Please send an email covering letter, CV and a work example to [email protected]